Thursday, October 2, 2008

rain before morning

A few moments ago I was happily rolled up in a warm bed, surrounded by warm dogs. I was perfectly comfortable in that magical way your body regulates the perfect conditions for laziness right before you absolutely have to get up. Outside in the dark of 5AM, a blustery rain was whipping through the changing maples. This made my bed seem ten times better than sheep. Something I will totally change my mind about after a cup of coffee, or four.

Well, I'm up. The dogs however are still curled up among the quilts and blankets. I'm out here getting geared up to lug water and pour feed and they are curling their spines deeper into an arch and getting ready for round two of extreme napping. If I don't down a cup of coffee soon, I might crawl right back into that bed with the wolves, call off work, and not emerge from the bi-species sleeping aparatus until starvation or the urgent need to pee makes me.

Of course, that's not happening. I'm up. I'm in flannel. I can hear Rufus Wainwright crowing through the rain. I'm about to go out into the belly of the beast. Mornings like these are not examples of the perks of having a small farm.

NOTE: The ARCS are not available for donations. They are not for sale. If you sent a donation and are expecting one, email me and we will work something out or refund you.

a great day. Time to get soaked.

9 Comments:

Blogger Morgen said...

I'd love a copy
morgen.lauber@gmail.com
thanks morgen

October 2, 2008 at 8:09 AM  
Blogger Darx said...

Sign me up! But I can't find your email anywhere on this site.

October 2, 2008 at 9:40 AM  
OpenID moesewco said...

I'd love a copy.

Make it a really pretty feather and I'll put it on a hat and give you a cut of the sale.

emily@moesewco.com

October 2, 2008 at 10:15 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

you can email me at

jenna@itsafarwalk.com

October 2, 2008 at 10:19 AM  
Blogger finescreek said...

i'd like a copy please. email to finescreek@earthlink.net
i just visited your neck of the woods for the last seven days. my friend lives in dover. beautiful. i live in finescreek nc not far from hot springs.
thanks, nancy

October 2, 2008 at 5:06 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

thank you guys!

October 2, 2008 at 7:46 PM  
Anonymous Kay said...

Me, too. Great idea, the book as fundraiser. I like your entrepreneurial style, and I like that we can have a part in helping you take care of what you share with us in your blog. Pretty cool.
kay.gschwind@gmail.com

October 4, 2008 at 12:39 PM  
Blogger reluctanthippie said...

If I'm not too late I would like to get a copy. you can reach me at pmmolnar@gmail.com

October 4, 2008 at 1:53 PM  
Anonymous brandi said...

If you happen to have another copy...I would love to purchase one.

bibsy_bookworm@yahoo.com

October 4, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home