Wednesday, September 10, 2008

farm fundraiser kick off

So below I have some items, descriptions, and such for the Fall Farm Fundraiser. If you are interested in purchasing any of these items, please comment below with an email address I can reach you at. Or email me personally at jenna@itsafarwalk.com. From there we can work out the details. I had prices listed before but it seemed crass. If you are interested, make an offer, and we'll discuss.

The reason for the fundraiser is threefold. The first to take care of winter farm costs, which include (but are not limited to) hay, feed, bedding straw, reinforced fences (snow damage), water defrosters and heating fuel. The other reason is to save for my future farm, which is seems so far away but maybe with the help of the book and readers I can get a little closer to paying off student loans and start saving for a real piece of land. The third is charity, which is where a quarter of the money will go. With the help of your donations our goal is to buy a few goats or sheep for the people of Heifer International. An agriculture based charity that helps people through livestock grants. (The teach-a-man-to-fish school of charity) Please read below for items.

The Spirit Mask(50.00 S&H in the USA)
By far the biggest ticket item here. But this completely hand-crafted Native American inspired spirit mask was made while writing Made From Scratch in Idaho. Using a hand molded paper mache frame, I used real antlers, fur, and coyote teeth (along with fake horse hair, hawk feathers, and glass wolf eyes) to make this headdress in the Native American Tradition. It took about twenty hours to make, from the original newspaper and glue on the kitchen floor, to hand trimming to rabbit fur around the muzzle. It weight about ten pounds, and rests on top of your head like a hat. It would be an amazing costume for any Hallows event! Which is why I made it - it was used at a Halloween bonfire last October, and we had a grand ol' time. But since then it has just sat in my bedroom. Please give it a nice home.

Eat Local Farm Sign (20.00 S&H in the USA)
Hand-painted garden sign. Has Cold Antler Farm written below it. Was propped up in the garden and featured on the blog a few times. Painted on old Vermont floorboard!

Wolf on Hallows Original Watercolor (10.00 tube S&H in the USA)
This is not a print! It's an original large watercolor on 12x14" paper! Painted when I lived in Tennessee (possibly PA). The signature wolf with antlers dancing fireside. the wolf with antlers is an unlikely animal, but one you see all over this site because I feel the ability to transition from a corporate employee to a full-time sustainable farmer (and farm writer) is an equally unlikely animal. So it's an avatar of hope through nature. Plus, let's be honest, wolves look better with antlers anyway.

Signed Advanced Reading Copy of Made From Scratch (5.00 S&H in the USA)
It's not as fancy as the upcoming hardcover. But it's signed and here at the cabin waiting for you! I'll also make sure it has a goose feather bookmark in it!

4 Comments:

Blogger BrandtFarm Inc. said...

After reading your blog I'm sold. Is the book still available? Let me know; vegan_goddess@msn.com. Thanks!

September 10, 2008 at 5:51 PM  
Blogger Peacemom said...

I'm also interested in the book if you've more then one copy. peacemom51@yahoo.com

September 10, 2008 at 8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love a copy of your book...Marcia in Wyoming
mml245@wyoming.com

September 10, 2008 at 10:50 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

I already recieved an email about the book, and the bid was 20.00 and 5 bucks shipping. If you are willing to offer more as a donation towards the farm fundraiser, email me at jenna@itsafarwalk.com . This is the only copy of the ARC I have to spare. the only other one is the first one I got from the publisher!

September 11, 2008 at 6:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home