Saturday, August 2, 2008

i got a wheel, son!

Holy Moses! My friend and co-worker Trish gave me one of her old spinning wheels! (Jazz and Annie are not impressed. Since it isn't alive and can't produce food - it can rot in hell far as they're concerned.) The wheel is in need of some repair. Trish and her husband Drew (who gaver her the wheel) agreed it deserved to be fixed and used in a home instead of wasting away at theirs. So I gladly accepted their gift, and I think after a little tlc and elbow grease it'll be up and running in no time. Homespun yarn, watch out!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just started reading you last week. Interesting so far. I like yarn. I like farms. I even have a girlfriend who lives near you - (Vermont is so small that anyone New York and over is near you). and one of my dogs years ago was named Cyrus.
Good luck with everything,
Jenny

August 4, 2008 at 2:08 PM  
Blogger Sojourner Design said...

Jenna,

So glad to hear you have a spinning wheel now!

It looks like the bobbin is huge; I'm wondering if the wheel is a bulky spinner. Did it come with any other bobbins? The wheel part reminds me a little of my own Louet wheel.

Diane

August 5, 2008 at 6:24 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

it came with what you see, i'm not sure? I'm glad it's here too!

August 5, 2008 at 8:28 AM  
Blogger goddess in the groove said...

Greetings!

I just found your blog, and you are doing what I "want" to do :). I live in a suburban California neighborhood, growing food in the backyard, and we are dying to find a piece of land to move too (with enough space for my German Shepard to stretch and make guarding the property worth his while:)..). I am going to follow along and learn...maybe even learn more about spinning.

BTW, we have much in common, though I am over a decade older than you, LOL..I just self-published a book.

It is nice to meet you.
Heike

August 6, 2008 at 1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home