Wednesday, July 9, 2008

sheep weekend coming up

Summer's been loping past me. The once fluffy chicks I could hold in my palm are now gangly teenagers living outside. The geese look like, well, geese. And the once humble garden of seedlings has waist high corn and flowers on my pumpkin vines. Daylight's starting to get lost on it's way to Autumn. And there are some exciting things in store for me over the following weeks.

Starting with this weekend's sheepdog trials. I'll be driving up to Merck Farmland and Forest Center to watch New England's best in a big outdoor two day sheepdog trial! Which I am over the moon about, because Border Collies and Merino rams are my future. Seeing those dogs in action, and meeting the trainers, shepherds and people already leading the life I aspire to will be a pretty big deal to me. So here's to a hot day full of wool and dog hair.

Also, my folks mailed me a hammock for my birthday. I love it so much I almost called in sick this morning to nap in it till it rained. If you're my boss and reading this, note "almost."

4 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

The perfect gift for your little farmstead. Happy B-Day!

July 9, 2008 at 5:35 PM  
Blogger Sean Sullivan said...

Happy belated birthday.

July 10, 2008 at 2:32 PM  
Blogger Kelli said...

Happy Happy Birthday!!! It sounds like you have an awesome weekend planned, how exciting. You asked me a while back about linking to my site and I would love for you to add a link......That would be totally awesome. Take care and send me any cherry recipes that you endorse....got them coming out my ears.

July 10, 2008 at 4:47 PM  
Blogger KKJD1 said...

Happy B-day! Sounds like a fun weekend planed. Cant wait to hear how it turns out keep us updated. Karen/Ga girl

July 10, 2008 at 5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home