Tuesday, May 6, 2008

city veggies

I wrote about Nisaa coming up for the weekend to help with the garden, which she did between gritted teeth, but I guess it grew on her, because now Nisaa has the gardening bug bad. She sent me this picture of her lettuce and snap peas growing in her Brooklyn apartment. She named the lettuce Harold and Maude and the peas Lennon and McCartney. They are thriving! Those snap peas are grown from seeds, and the lettuce was left over from my garden here. She took them home on the Amtrak from my mountains down into her city, and they couldn't be doing better. Now she's thinking about seeking out a veggie growers city meet up group, and going to grab some tomatoes this weekend! Nisaa's proof positive that you don't need five acres and a border collie to grow a little independence on the windowsill. I bet it'll be the best goddamn salad she ever ate too. I know that's stromg language, but homegrown greens deserves a loud modifier.

2 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

GO, Nissa! Nice work, Jenna! (Lovely photo, too, ladies!)

May 7, 2008 at 6:48 PM  
OpenID moesewco said...

Does this mean that there's hope for me yet?

May 8, 2008 at 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home