Thursday, May 29, 2008

behold a dark horse!

Goslings across Vermont, and booksellers across America, here I come. This first time author is going to the big city to hock a book. I'm flying out to Los Angeles tomorrow morning for Book Expo America, a big fancy show for the publishing industry. I'll be there to sign advanced reading copies to help promote Made From Scratch with people from Storey. Which, I'm kinda excited to do. Everything here at the homestead is prepared for the trip. Neighbors are watering the garden and watching over the rabbits and poultry. Jazz and Annie are at a Kennel in Bennington, breaking my heart. Hopefully I'll update from there with pictures of me kicking back sidecars with Alec Baldwin and Jamie Lee Curtis... but in reality, I'll just be at a folding table in a convention center. But I'm bringing my fiddle and a good attitude, what more could a Vermonter possibly need?

6 Comments:

Blogger The Old Man & His Dog said...

Best wishes. Can't wait til I get my copy.

May 30, 2008 at 10:03 AM  
Blogger HEATHER said...

you're kind of a big deal.

May 30, 2008 at 11:06 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

We're all with you there in spirit, standing behind you grinning and applauding. Can you hear us whispering? "That's our Jenna." Damn we're proud.

May 31, 2008 at 7:39 AM  
Blogger Sean Sullivan said...

Ditto on the old man & his dog.

June 1, 2008 at 3:10 PM  
OpenID moesewco said...

Good luck! Keep your chin up! Those things can be hard on the psyche! Just remember all those people are interesting and wonderful underneath their skins and you've got quite a tale to tell them!

June 2, 2008 at 4:06 PM  
Blogger shandon said...

I'm sorry I missed your signing, but I grabbed a copy of Made from Scratch when I was at the Storey booth. I'm about halfway through and I'm loving it! It's very inspiring.

June 2, 2008 at 6:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home