Wednesday, April 2, 2008

dogs and oxen

Here is a little story about a book cover designs and how the three locations I've lived in have come full circle.

When I was over at Storey last weekend, I walked into some office which I assumed was an AD's and on the wall was, of all things, Yee Haw prints. Yee Haw Industries of Knoxville Tennessee is a traditional letterpress design firm, and my good friend Leif worked there. Leif used to come over to my apartment in Knoxville, bake pies and lay out prints he was working on. (My favorite was a werewolf driving a truck, wearing a hat like Leif's, which I made him sign) Anyway, there I was, standing in an office looking at two book cover designs for Storey called "OXEN" and Livestock Guardians" Both done by Yee Haw. So, friends and readers, I was standing in a New England Office because of a book I wrote about Idaho looking at posters from an old haunt in Tennessee. It's a small country, no matter much of it you see.

3 Comments:

Blogger JoJosho said...

See please here

April 2, 2008 at 8:50 AM  
Blogger HEATHER said...

good post.

April 2, 2008 at 12:11 PM  
Blogger Guhn said...

See Please Here

April 6, 2008 at 9:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home