Tuesday, December 4, 2007

almost there

I’m shipping out about 6 etsy orders today, if you’ve been patiently waiting I’m sorry and thanks. I have a bunch of domestic and Canadian orders, but also my music going to England, and soaps going to the Netherlands. Which is kinda cool. Besides keeping up with the farm store, things are starting to calm down at the farmhouse. The manuscript is hours away from completion and by Saturday it’ll be shipped off to Massachusetts with photography and notes. I’m so glad it’s done before the holiday break; the last thing I wanted was to be worrying about deadlines when I’m back in Palmerton. So, there will be a nice month long break between rewrites for just hanging out. I am grateful.

In other farm news I’ll be teaching my first fiddle lesson this weekend! A co-workers fiancé just got her first violin and wants to learn so she’s coming over to the farmhouse. I’m getting excited and making photocopies and burning cds so she can get started. Helping someone get started in making music is crazy satisfying. The whole teach a man to fish deal, you get the picture. The snow’s melting from rain, and north Idaho is damp and back to it’s usual self – cold and wet. It’s nearly 60 degrees today, a freak heatwave. The elk are psyched though. It’s like someone took the salad bar out of the freezer around my place. Cervine ruminants everywhere. Party!

2 Comments:

Blogger HEATHER said...

that is an awesome image. where'd you ever find it? i'd blow that thing up, frame it in an old gold frame and throw that sucker on the wall! it would be perfect for my music room!

December 5, 2007 at 11:34 AM  
Blogger Jenna said...

it's a old Bock Beer ad, i'll email you the full image

December 5, 2007 at 1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home