Wednesday, October 17, 2007

one down

Sad news friends. I came home from the music jam last night because it was starting to rain and I was already under the weather. When I pulled into my driveway my headlights caught a sad pile of black feathers. One of the silkie roosters was killed. I think it was an inside job from one of the other roosters, most likely the other silkie. I can't imagine a coyote killing someone and not taking his prize with him to eat, and if William wanted that guy dead he would've killed him a long time ago. I guess this farm was too small for the two of them. It's the first chicken I've lost. A little sad to see him go.

1 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

So sorry to hear that! Be aware that local dogs would leave the body where they are done "playing" with it. This is the way I've found many a perfectly good bird when neighbor dogs came visiting. They only way to tell is there teeth leave bite marks in the bird, which could be mistaken for pecking. Hope you find no more like this!

October 18, 2007 at 2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home