Tuesday, August 21, 2007

fair morning

The Bonner County Fair is situated right between my farm and work. Every morning for a week I’ll be stopping in the sunlit and dander filled barns before I head over to work. As an exhibitor, I have to stop in twice a day to check the water, food and health of my birds. The judging is going on this morning while I’m designing emails, but come lunch I’m excited to go over and see how we did. The black silkies I raised since they were two days old. I've hand fed them, watched them grow up, and built their coop from scratch. So regardless of what the judges think, I think they are beautiful little accomplishments that run around my farm like tiny dinosaurs. I’m glad to show them off to the public for a week at the fair. And who knows, if I’m lucky I might find a home for some of my spare roosters. Wish us luck. (That goose waldo hissed at me this morning. I don’t think he cares for this kind of thing.)

2 Comments:

Blogger The Old Man & His Dog said...

Good luck! Let us know how you made out.

August 21, 2007 at 2:26 PM  
Blogger Jenna said...

thank you sir!

August 21, 2007 at 6:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home